Welcome back to Introductions over Coffee, where I provide some guidance and insights for new bloggers and maybe as a refresher for us all. I also introduce a new blogger to the community. Please make them feel welcome (as I know you will).
For any new bloggers who want to raise their profile, please follow the guidance in my posts and do not spam my comments section.
Introducing : Writing in Shining Armor from Citrus-Poetry
I know a few of you out in the community appreciate poetry, so im bringing you a new poet, if you haven’t already discovered them. I hope you’ll enjoy their work.
Welcome to the community, Writing in Shining Armor 😁
Today I’m struggling to identify a specific area to focus on for my beginners tips. I know a range of bloggers read my posts, so I’m going to turn the tables this week and I’d love for you to answer at least one of the two questions below.
- If you had to give one, most important tip to a struggling blogger, what would it be?
- Do you have any questions or suggestions of something to cover?
I know sometimes people can feel self-conscious putting a comment publicly. If you want to ask me to cover something but don’t want to ask in the comments, you can use my contact me link with your suggestion.
It’s important to me that this series really reflects the needs of the community, and new bloggers, so please let me know what would help you.
What I’m looking for in new bloggers I feature
I review the new bloggers I come across to decide who to highlight in this post on a weekly basis, and some have been asking what I’m looking for. I would say the following are my criteria:
- a blogger who interacts with their readers and responds to comments
- Are they posting regularly – if someone posts weekly, that’s fine, but I’d probably observe for a few weeks to see how they’re getting on
- Do they produce quality work – if its text, is it full of spelling/grammar mistakes
- is there sufficient information to encourage conversation through the comments section
- If someone regularly spams, they will not be featured. I accept that people can make mistakes at the outset, but they should learn and adapt what they do
I accept that this process is subjective, based on my opinions. Equally if you spot an interesting new blogger, send me a message through the Contact Me part of my site with their details.
To keep up-to-date with my blog, if you haven’t done so yet, fill in the box below to subscribe to Curiosities, Castles and Coffee Shops.